SIEPS SIEPS Information - Swiss Private Schools & Universities Information - Swiss Private Schools & Universities
The Swiss authorities may require up to three months to process a study visa application from the date such application is submitted to the Swiss Embassy / Consulate.
Useful links “ Study Permit Procedure HOME ABOUT SERVICES DATABASES CONTACT US PayPal BANK
Permit procedure (B permit for studies purpose)  B permit (permis de séjour) is an annual residence permit. It gives you the right to live in Switzerland for 180 days a year or more. It has to be renewed every year. European or non-European students who have just arrived in Switzerland have to apply for a B permit within a maximum of 8 days after their arrival in Switzerland. The foreign students must go personally to the “Contrôle des habitants” of their town of residence with the following documents. The permit application will only be processed when a complete file has been received. Be sure to include all documents. Documents required by the “Contrôle des habitants”: 1. “Arrival Report” completed and signed by the students. 2. Attestation of studies and study plan (provided by School / University). 3. Letter of motivation dated and signed mentioning: - reasons for choosing to study in Switzerland - why -any future plans after completion of studies – explain the reasons of change of study orientation / of school. 4. Curriculum Vitae mentioning: all schools attended, as well as professional experience or activities with an indication of dates, plus attached copies of diplomas. 5. Bank Statement from a solvent bank in Switzerland/abroad or Bank Attestation stipulating that you and/or your parents have adequate funding available to financially support your living expenses of over CHF 20'000.--  throughout the duration of your studies). 6. Accommodation contract or a confirmation by a landlord/host. 7. Previous Swiss Residence Permit if any. 8. Written undertaking to leave Switzerland at the end of the planned studies (Separate letter or attestations, dated and signed, constituting a formal undertaking). 9. Identity document (copy of passport and the last two Schengen visas if existing). 10. Four identical, recent Schengen-conform passport photographs. As soon as you apply for a B permit, it will take approximately 4-6 weeks to receive your B permit card. The “Contrôle des habitants” can provide you with an attestation of residence if you ask for. This document is proof that you are now registered at the “Contrôle des habitants” and that your permit is in process.
SIEPS IT Division
SIEPS  P.O. BOX 277  CH-1024 Ecublens  Rte de la Maladière 16 CH-1022 Chavannes SUISSE (SWITZERLAND) TEL: +41 (0) 21 616 00 11  FAX: +41 (0) 21 616 00 12  Email:
OneSimCard - prepaid international roaming, works in over 180 countries, free calls in over 70 countries